

UNAPPROVED WISCONSIN REGIONAL SERVICE CONFERENCE MINUTES

DATE: March 14th & 15th, 2015

PLACE: Rivers Edge

Area Round Table Discussions

- A. Current Cycle –none

- B. Next Cycle – Phone line training

OPENING:

- A. Recovery Meeting @ 9:05 am
- B. Beginning of Conference Moment of Silence @ 10:14 am
- C. Reading of the Servant Worker's Prayer
- D. Introductions
- E. Roll Call: 15 of 16 active areas present at first roll call.
- F. 7th Tradition was not passed.
- G. Reading of the 5th Concept
- H. Review – Adjust Agenda
- I. Special Business – None
- J. Clean Time Birthdays were recognized.

TRUSTED SERVANTS REPORTS:

FACILITATOR: Present, gave their report on the floor, no report submitted.

VICE-FACILITATOR: Present, gave their report on the floor, no report submitted.

SECRETARY: Present, read the following report on the floor.

Addict named Kasey,

Please make sure that you check the address and contact information for your position and for your area. This is important to keep them up to date. Also, if you are giving a report on the floor, please make sure that you hand in to me or e-mail me your report. If I don't receive it, I will only report that you gave a report on the floor, not the total content of what you reported.

Please bear with me, as I get back into the grove of being a secretary. Thank you for allowing me to be of service.

In loving service, Kasey D.

TREASURER: Present, gave a report on the floor, no report submitted.

VICE-TREASURER: Present, gave a report on the floor, no report submitted.

REGIONAL DELEGATE: Present, gave report on the floor, no report submitted.

REGIONAL DELEGATE ALTERNATE: Absent with notice, no report submitted.

WSNAC REP.: ODD :

I will be attending my first WSNAC board meeting next weekend at Chula vista resort in the Wisconsin Dells. There is an awareness and entertainment subcommittee meeting Friday March 20th, 2015 at 6pm at the United Methodist Church 320 unity drive, Wisconsin Dells. I have been put on the email contact list and have been receiving the information.

In loving service, Shannon M.

WSNAC REP.: EVEN:

Good Day Wisconsin Region,

The WSNAC board met on Jan. 17th and 18th as most of you may know. Saturday consisted of old business and had the progress of the bid package, bi-laws progress and finish deadlines, insurance and guidelines for chair positions, progress and finish lines. WSNAC final reports were given with pros and cons and what went well and what went wrong. The board members were all upbeat about WSNAC 31 and look forward to this year's 4 day convention. Budgets were hashed over and set. WSNAC 31 had a \$31,219 expense, and a \$31,397.63 income, which shows a loss of \$178.63. This total does not include the remaining merchandise. Check out the new web page Mark has put up, this should be easier to work with and more fun. A camp out on July 24th and 25th in Marshfield, more will be revealed.

Sunday was started out with nominations for the 3 open positions. Wendy R, Frankie, Wayne T. and Cindy W. were the nominee's, after each nominee had read a resume, a question and answer segment was completed and the elections were made. Wayne T., Frankie, and Cindy W. were elected to the board. Discussion on reports was held and the A&E Eau Claire awareness function in the work, A&G awareness function in Manitowoc. Annual elections were held. Positions are as follows:

Chair: Tammy S.

Vice chair: Gene J.

Secretary: Mark N.

Treasurer: Becky

Vice treasurer: Mark N. acting

Upcoming meetings: March 21st and 22nd at Chula Vista, May 9th is TBA, July campout 24th and 25th in Marshfield, and September 19th and 20th at Chula Vista.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service, John M.

WRSO REP.: EVEN Present, gave their report on the floor, no report turned in.

AREA REPORTS:

BADGERLAND: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Hello Wisconsin Region,

Thank you to Rivers edge for hosting this cycle, the Badger land area is continuing to do what it can for the recovering addicts in the Madison area and some surrounding towns, with 15 of 17 groups present in February, and 9 of 16 groups present for March. Budgets have been set for another year. Open positions are co-facilitator b, vice treasurer, policy, public relations, web master and additional needs.

The activities subcommittee had no revenue from hearts & hugs, still recovery was celebrated and a message was shared. Next is bowling for newcomers on Friday March 27th at ten pin alley, 6285 Nesbitt rd., Fitchburg, WI. \$6 to eat, and \$12 to bowl, and starts at 9pm. The very next day, March 28th is the 32nd annual hug-a-fool dance at 312 s. third street Evansville, WI, home of the Saturday night 7:00pm EVILLE meeting. (car pool prize). Also, July regionals is set, the Clarion suites at 2110 Rimrock road Madison, WI (608-284-1234) the room rates are \$99 for 1 queen w/pull out sofa and \$109 for 2 queens w/ pull out sofa. Rooms have a 13.5% tax. This is also the week of the Dane County fair, so register early as you can under WI. Regional WRSC-NA. The room block is until June 19th. The meeting room fees are a little more than the regions \$400 and the area is asking region to cover the \$550 for the meeting rooms. If not we will practice the ring toss or something. If any addict wishes to enter in one of the many fair exhibits, you have our support but you're on your own. The next serenity café will be April 11th at 402 lakeside Street in Madison.

Literature sub-committee has been ordering close to \$1,000 a month, as well as keeping up on the traditions work group. H&I is very strong in Badgerland, we currently are in 7 institutions. We will be having an H&I fund raiser on May 30th at the serenity café "freedom rocks Café". Outreach is getting to outlining meetings and manning the phone line. Speaking of the phone line we have updated the online meeting list. So thanks again Rivers Edge and grab a flyer and sponsee and hit the road for one of our functions.

In service, John M.

BASIC: Inactive

BIG RIVERS: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Good Morning Fellow RCMs and Executive Board Members

The Big Rivers Area is doing well. We have approximately 21 meetings serving towns from Tomah to Winona. We have added two new meetings in Viroqua on Friday Nights and Hokah, MN. On Sunday Night. Our H&I still carry meeting for Women and Men in the La Crosse County Jail and several other Facilities. Our H&I Chair will contact Dez with more information on H&I. We are currently Financially Stressed and have no donation to the Region this Cycle.

Our Activities along with one of our groups put on a Valentine Dance which was successful.

We are having a Pool Party on March 29th at the Baymount INN in Onalaska, WI.

We will also have the "I Can't We Campout" Event this summer at Wildcat Mountain.

We will also have the "Letting Loose" at Wyalusing State Park this fall.

Our Area Service Meeting is Every Even Month at Coulee Council on Addictions (No Affiliation).

We also have a Speaker Meeting Every Month at Coulee Council on Addictions (No Affiliation).

I am Gregg B. The New RCM for the Big Rivers Area. We would like to thank Drew S. for his service as the RCM.

In the light of so many Areas not having the Financial Means to support the Regional Service Structure and the fact that the Region is critically low on its Prudent Reserve, I would like for RCMs to inquire from their Areas as to what they want us to accomplish on their behalf. I would like to ask the Areas to prioritize the areas that they want us to focus our limited funds on.

In Loving Service

Gregg B.

CHIPPEWA VALLEY: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Good morning everyone.

Our area service structure is functioning pretty well considering that we have a number of open positions including Area Chair. Our Area Vice-Chair has been doing a great job filling the gap.

Our activities subcommittee had good reported good attendance at "Slurping Up Serenity". This was a spaghetti feed and there were addicts from several other areas that were able to join in.

The activities subcommittee is planning the next event for April 25th. Get Clean, Stay Clean, Help Clean II. This event is unusual in my experience in Narcotics Anonymous as we generally get together to eat and have fun. The NA volunteers will be participating in Eau Claire's annual spring clean-up day. The participating addicts will be assigned a section of the Chippewa River Trail to clean up. I'm pretty excited as this project goes right to our desire to be useful members of society in service to our community. The group will meet up at the Church of Christ on Goff Street Saturday morning at 9:00 on the 25th of April.

The Bridges to Recovery Group will be hosting a speaker and potluck March 31 at Central Lutheran Church, 28 E Columbia Street, Chippewa Falls from 5 to 9.

The PR subcommittee has been very active. They have scheduled a presentation to the Eau Claire County Drug Court March 25th. They had a table set up At the Community Table, a free meal site, on February 10th. The

subcommittee is in discussion with the Dunn County Partnership for Youth about a possible presentation at a future date.

Even though we don't currently have an H&I chairperson, we do have an H&I subcommittee that meets monthly. We have and ongoing Meetings at the Jackson County Jail in Black River Falls and also a meeting at Arbor Place, a substance abuse treatment facility in Menomonie.

The PR subcommittee has also set up a presentation for April 22 on the history of NA, why there is a need for it, and the basics of the program. This presentation is primarily for the Drug Courts of Jackson County and the Ho-Chunk Nation. But this event will be posted to the local newspapers for any community members who wish to attend.

Everything is in place for our hosting of the Regional Conference May 16th and 17th in Eau Claire Wisconsin. The site will be the Best Western Trail Lodge in Eau Claire. Rooms are \$70 plus tax including breakfast. Room reservations should be made by May 1st to guarantee availability but the price will be honored until Friday May 15th provided there are still rooms left. We made every effort to find and negotiate a low room rate. When booking rooms, please ask for the WRSC rate.

Our evening event will be at the First Baptist Church in Eau Claire and will consist of build your own tacos and a speaker meeting. This will also be a WSNAC awareness event. Fellowship, games, karaoke and open mic. The flier has been posted to the Regional website.

That's all I have for now.

In Service to Narcotics Anonymous,
John Mitchell, CVANA

INLAND LAKES: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Hello Family,

ILUA is doing well. Currently we have the following positions open: chair and public relations. We have added the meetings from Beaver Dam, which include 2 H&I meetings. ILUA has 13 active H&I meetings, 7 serve men and 6 serve women. There are 2 in the process of meeting, 1 for men and one for women. We have the following functions coming up: Spiritual retreat April 3, 4, and 5th, High Cliff Campout July 24th-26th, and Kronik Cup September 12th. All flyers are on the website. We also have a softball tournament coming up may 21st, more will be revealed. Other than that all is well. We have no donation today. In loving service, Dezzz G.

INNER CITY: Absent, no report submitted.

KETTLE MORAINNE: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Hi family,

Thank you to Rivers Edge Area for hosting this cycle.

Kettle Moraine Area is doing well. Our groups and meetings continue to offer a positive atmosphere for recovery.

On the 4th Tuesday of every month, our New Found Freedom group offers an open speaker meeting and they are looking for speakers. If you are interested in coming to the area to speak, please let me know and

I will pass your contact info on the group. Next, Friday at 7:30pm Torch of Recovery meeting will be holding a pot luck on the 3rd Friday of each month at 6pm. Please feel free to join us.

Open positions at KMA include chair, vice chair, vice treasurer, and rcma. All of our sub-committee chair positions are filled and they are meeting regularly. Some exciting things are happening within some of them including Project Hope (exploring the use of Square technology), H&I (women are going into the jail, public relations (getting all of our IP racks filled), and policy and administration (updating our guidelines.).

Since our last WRSC meeting Project Hope was held and was a great success. The subcommittee reported net proceeds of \$1,914. Our next events are: Napril me on Sat. April 25th at Ebenezer united Church of Christ in Sheboygan. This function is put on by our m/a alternative solutions group.

Never alone in the wood campout is on July 10th-12th at camp Sinewa. And Unity jam campout at camp 4 koda is July 31st through August 2nd in Sheboygan falls.

KMA and NEW areas are jointly hosting WSNAC33 in Manitowoc in 2016. All of the host committee officer positions and subcommittee chair positions have been filled and are meeting regularly. KMA has no financial donation this cycle as our treasurer was not available to issue a check. I hope to bring a donation next cycle.

In loving service. Mandy R.

MILWAUKEE/WAUKESHA: Present, gave their report on the floor, no report submitted.

NORTH CENTRAL: Present, gave their report on the floor, no report submitted.

NORTHEAST: Present, gave their report on the floor no report submitted.

RIVERS EDGE: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

After nearly 2 years since our inception as our own area we are going through our first series of executive committee and sub-committee chair position elections. We are lucky to still have many members who are eager to take on service positions and learn new ones.

Many months ago we were approached by the local Alano Club inviting us to hold meetings in the club and have a representative on the board of the club. After several months of debate, we finally agreed upon a written communication to the board declining any need to use their facilities for any of our current meetings.

We are trying a new method for funding our June Campout. We have a separate account that the meetings contribute to monthly as they are able to lessen the hit on our area's finances when we suddenly need a large amount of money in May.

We questioned the ability to start meetings in Oconto. Our H & I chair looked into starting a jail meeting in Oconto as this city currently has no meetings in or out of jail. We were told that no meetings could be started in the jail until after they are in the new jail which will be done in about 18 months. There are no residents of Oconto that have expressed interest in starting a meeting there.

A member was approached by probation and parole about having a meeting for teens. We reviewed info on the acceptability of special interest meetings on na.org. The conclusion was that if anyone is approached again we should direct that person to our H & I chair who can give guidance and resources for teens to start their own

meeting. One adult NA member should not set-up a meeting for teens to go to. H & I is the best option for our area given our limited number of sub-committees.

Our area's next function is the Raft Race and Campout on June 26th-28th.

Tonight is the Cure for Cabin Fever at the church down the street. July 18th we will be having the Picnic Beach Party at Badger Park in Oeshtigo.

In service,

Michele Panske

ROCK RIVER: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

We had a Valentines dance on Feb. 14th. The speaker meeting was well attended, but the dance was not. Our convention committee held a pasta dinner and talent show that was a huge hit. There's a last chance dance on March 28th in Rockford. It will be your last chance to register for RRCNA 24 at a discounted price. RRCNA 24 is coming!!!!!! It will be April 24th, 25th and 26th in South Beloit, IL. We hope to see you all there!! We also brought registrations for everyone. We just changed our phone line service. We still have the same number, but the price is only \$300 which is a huge savings for us. Both our H&I and PR committees are active and making efforts to carry the message to the addict that still suffers. We had a regional donation of \$609.26

In loving service, Charlie S.

SCENIC BLUFFS: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Our area is doing well. Sauk Prairie's group has closed one meeting on Saturdays. We are working on several functions. June 13th- where's the clean time? Watch for flyers. September 19th- burning desire picnic and is the same weekend as region. November 28th is cold turkey. Please continue to watch the regional website for flyers. The September region being held in the dells is the same weekend as a big annual festival. You may want to reserve rooms now or they are hard to come by. We have 2 new H&I panels. One for men at Sauk County jail, we have 3 men that are currently going in. The other is for women at Columbia City Jail that will be starting this Tuesday. I gave Dez the information this morning.

We currently have 2 positions open; literature and RCMA. We have discussed a combined activity with region and haven't come to any definite decision.

In Loving Service, Shannon M.

SOUTHEAST FAMILY: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Good morning family, I'm an addict named Victor.

It is good to be here in Marinette, thanks to Rivers' Edge for hosting this cycle. We, in SEFA are hanging on. We are having difficulty filling all positions at the Area level and of course at the group level as well. On average, we have 8 out of 18 groups to attend Area. We do however, have enough to conduct basic services. We recognize that we need to do something to increase the stability of both our Area and our meetings.

We have begun the process of facilitating the “Area Planning Tool” by downloading and making copies from the NAWS website, that are being distributed to all our groups and we’re hoping to have our first meeting in the next few months. We would appreciate feedback from anyone here with experience in this area.

Our H&I subcommittee is waiting with bated breath to hear if the Regional H&I has any input on the “Bridging the Gap”, but in the meantime, I submitted a list of questions from them for Regional H&I and Dez let me know that she will call our H&I to resolve. Thanks Dez.

We had some extended discussion about PSAs and the viability of raising awareness of our presence in the communities... there are some who feel we need to push forward immediately for the addict who still suffers, and others who ask the question if we can’t hold our own now, then how would we handle a possible sudden influx of newcomers?

Unfortunately, we weren’t able to send a donation this month as funds are very low.

In service, Victor H. SEFA RCM

UPPER PENINSALA: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Greetings WRSC from the UPNA,

Our last ASC was held in Marquette, MI on February 7th. All of our positions are filler at the area level except: vice chair, PR and H&I. Our activities sub-committee is now an ad-hoc committee. We still plan on having a Keep It Simple Campout, just not sure were yet. We are looking into a possible location in Florence WI. More will be revealed. UPNA currently has 10 meetings going in various locations.

Our next UPASC will be April 11th, 2015 at 11:00 am EST (10:00am CST). It will be at Gwinn United Methodist Church 251 Jasper street Gwinn, MI. Any guests are always welcome to come and visit us this day.

In Loving Service, Joe P.

WOCA: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Hi, Family,

In Woca we will be having elections for all positions in May. We moved May's Asc to the first Sunday of May instead of the 2nd Sunday because of Mother's day. We have 2 new meetings that started up on Wednesday and Thursday at New Day Club 11936 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon.

WOODS & WATERS: Present, gave a report on the floor, no report submitted.

SUBCOMMITTEE / ADHOC REPORTS:

ACTIVITIES: Present, gave a report on the floor, no report submitted.

HOSPITALS & INSTITUTION: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

First of all a huge thanks to everyone who got through to this subcommittee and reported where you are going in at this time. It is my hope to "attempt" to create an 'old school' email list of subcommittee meetings. Details will be going out to all the H&I contact people that I have heard from. At this time this is the best solution I have and while I am open for more solutions this is what will be happening at this time.

It has come to my attention that anyone who emails the regional H&I email from a yahoo email address if you could please cc me at basicdez@gmail.com in the event I am not at a computer and using a different mobile device that does not all me to look at my spam folder.

My apologies to Rock River Area for misplacing the paper with your meeting (H&I) info from last cycle. I appreciate your patience and for giving me your information to day. Allowing the human piece always helps me to "keep Coming Back".

I look forward to seeing everyone at the H&I presentation today at 5:30. I thank the Cure For Cabin Fever folks for allowing H&I to crash.

In loving service, dezzz G.

POLICY: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Addict named Nancy and Marla,

Due to not having a policy chair at last cycle, I was asked to look into a few things for this cycle.

1. Look into the policy on hosting a region.

We believe that the guidelines state what is expected of a hosting area.

2. Proposal # 4 was sent to Policy.

Below is the proposed change if Proposal #4 is passed at this cycle.

8. WSNAC Representative

There are two positions for the WSNAC Representative.

ADD: They are for a two year term. Odd Rep. is elected in an odd number years, and Even Rep is elected in the even numbered years.

When considering nominations and election for this position, one needs to consider at least **six (6) Changes to: twelve (20) weekends**, sometimes Saturdays and Sundays away from home. Also required is a working knowledge of the Twelve Traditions, conventions and/or business. This Representative is a member of the WSNAC Board of Directors. Work includes writing guidelines, providing input on convention matters, and all business, financial and contractual matters.

1. May be an RCM.
2. A minimum of two years of continuous clean time.
3. A minimum of one year of NA service experience.
4. Previous convention involvement.
5. Represents the WRSC at all WSNAC planning meetings.
6. Maintains lines of communication between the WRSC and the WSNAC Board of Directors.
7. Reports to the WRSC all relevant information pertaining to the WSNAC Convention.

9. WRSO Representative

There are two positions for the WRSO Representative.

ADD: They are for a two year term. Odd Rep. is elected in an odd number years, and Even Rep is elected in the even numbered years.

When considering nominations and election for this position, one needs to consider at least **six (6)** **Changes to: twelve (12)** WRSO BOD meetings at the office location. Also required is a working knowledge of the Twelve Traditions and Twelve Concepts. This Representative is a member of the WRSO Board of Directors. Work includes writing guidelines, providing input on WRSO matters, and all business, financial and contractual matters.

1. May be an RCM.
2. A minimum of two years of continuous clean time.
3. A minimum of one year of NA service experience.
4. Represents the WRSC at all WRSO meetings.
5. Maintains lines of communication between the WRSC and the WRSO Board of Directors.
6. Reports to the WRSC all relevant information pertaining to the WRSO

Also, need to add Rivers Edge to the rotation this is where Rivers Edge has been added to the minutes for several cycles now.

Article Three: Meetings:

3.02 WRSC meetings shall rotate among the areas as follows:

January: WSNAC Hosting Site

- March:**
- a. Washington-Ozaukee
 - b. Inland Lakes
 - c. Woods & Waters
 - d. North Central
 - e. Rivers Edge**

-
- May:**
- a. Chippewa Valley
 - b. Big Rivers
 - c. North East
 - d. Upper Peninsula

- July:**
- a. Badger land
 - b. Basic
 - c. Scenic Bluffs
 - d. Rock River
-

September: WSNAC Hosting Site

November: a. Milwaukee
b. South East Family
c. Kettle Moraine
d. Inner City

**In loving service,
Marla M. K.
Nancy M.**

OUTREACH: Present, gave a report on the floor, no report submitted.

PUBLIC RELATIONS: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Harold for doing a lot of work on an updated meeting list. I had many struggles with it, but also discovered a few things. One is a lot of downloadable meeting list from Areas web sites are not really downloadable they cut off margins. I believe it is very important that Areas look into this as soon as they can. The other thing that I discovered is that we have different abbreviations for our meeting codes; I believe that to have consistency in these would be helpful to addicts and to look more professional. Which also makes me curious to what the world uses, I will try to look into it before we print again. So the good news is we have meeting list the bad news is they did not have time to fold them so as we chat today it would be awesome if everyone would chip in and fold. Also if there are any meetings that are incorrect on the meeting list or new meetings please send the corrections to the web servants right away so we do not have all the changes at once. And if all groups could check for discrepancies between the web page meeting list and the printed list we need to know that also. Thank you for your cooperation on this.

I also looked into some phone line issues and the bill. We believe the increase in the bill is coming from a few things, 1st there has been a huge increase in calls (which is awesome people are reaching out) 2nd we pay for storage of messages, so Area's need to check there messages promptly and delete them. We discussed options to decrease the amount of the bill, our plan is an old plan and we are grandfathered in we pay about \$5 a line and we doubt that can be beat, we are investigating to see if we can buy additional minutes (more will be revealed about that) another option is to decrease the length of time allowed to leave a message from 3 minutes to 1½ so if there is no objections to that it will be done. Also we are not sure if it will help but we are going to put the numbers on a no call list, some Areas are reporting odd calls and Badgerland has lots of messages that are just 3 minutes of dead air. The last thing that is being looked into is the period of time messages are saved a lot of Area's have it set up so any message over 60 days old is automatically deleted that is not happening so we are checking into why that is not happening and if we were charged for those minutes and can be reimbursed. I will get back to you on that. The long and short of it is the bill is fairly large right now and we have to keep paying it to

get service, we will do what we can to reduce it but for now we need to budget for it. P.S. as of March 12 we were over our minutes for the month.

The Web page is something I still see as something that can be improved on but with the energy I spent elsewhere this cycle did not give me much time to focus on that, so watch in the future for some cool stuff to be added. But for now I would like to encourage all Area's to send their flyers to the web servants so they can be put on the Calendar a lot of people use this to get information on what is happening.

I have received several requests for information on PI presentations and learning days. There also has been request for literature to hand out when they are giving presentations to professionals. So when going over the PR budget today I would like everyone to keep in mind that there are Addicts and Professionals out there that are starving for what we can offer them and it is our job to get it to them. PR in all forms is the best way I see to do this.

I believe that is all I have for this cycle, Thanks for letting me be of service, Jennifer Me.

Proposal: Request \$60 for literature for PR presentations that are happening before the next cycle.

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

Web servants Report January 2015

Hello Family,

Due to the ongoing discussion about the meeting lists and having the most up to date on available, the web servants have come up with a solution. If you go to the meeting list tab on the website there is now a button that says print/pdf. This will allow you to search for meetings and either directly print them or save them as a pdf. However, it can only do 100 entries at a time, so it is suggested to narrow the search down or print multiple pages to get the whole list. This will allow people the most up to date list possible.

Also there is a link to the printable tri fold meeting list also. The web servants worked together to have it available for download also. The information that was on the website was used to update the meeting list. There were some suggestions to look at different tools to make the update of the meeting lists a little easier and through much research there is nothing out there as of yet to do so. There are plug-ins that will give it a face lift but none to have it formatted as it is now.

In loving service,

The web Group.

LITERATURE: Present, gave the following report on the floor.

First, I'd like to thank Big Rivers for hosting WRSC. Here is your Literature Subcommittee report: 1 Once again, I must apologize to this body that I have not much to report. If you are not aware, Traditions 2-6 has been released for the Traditions Book Project. Also, NAWS postponing the next review and input period for the Traditions Project to March 1 to May 31. Drafts of the review material will be available from a link on the project page: www.na.org/traditions. 2 This is my last RSC as Literature Chair. I must say it has been a pleasure and honor to serve this body. I will miss each and every one of you. I must step back from service work for a moment as dealing with my recuperating husband and the weakly 150 mile trips to and from my parents have been overwhelming. Between school, three other service position in and out of the rooms, I must step back doing from any more service in WRSC at this time. God bless all of you as well as this body.

Thank you for allowing me to serve, Carl K WRSC Literature Chair cjkna@outlook.com 414-416-6253

ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION:

None

BASIC SERVICES

Approval of last cycle minutes: Minutes were approved as amended.

ELECTIONS:

Literature: Wendy R.

Policy: Nancy M

WRSO Odd: Becky S.

WRSO Even: Open Position

Pools:

WSNAC Pool:

None

WRSO Pool

Wendy R. was voted in

Shellie H. was voted in.

Nominations:

RD: Harold L. was nominated.

RDA: Marla MK. Was nominated and read her qualifications.

Motions:

Topic Board

TOPIC 1 –

Reimbursing of Jeff F.:

Proposal #1): To reimburse Jeff F. for expenses incurred in the performance of the MW.C.A.S. RCM duties of hosting the WRSC on November 15, & 16, 2014. The amount to be reimbursed \$1,275.00 This amount reflects an adjusted liability after M.W.C.A.S. reimbursed Jeff F. \$85.00 of \$2,125.00 Thus this motion asks for the \$1,275.00 remainder.

Discussion on this motion

There was a friendly amendment offered to change the motion to request \$750.00 when funds are available at the WRSC. Amendment accepted.

Intent:

In keeping with our 7th Tradition, this motion intends on return the financial liability back to Narcotic Anonymous for the fees charged to Jeff F. for the failure of WRSC room block at the Ramada Airport Plaza in Milwaukee, WI on Nov. 15th & 16.

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

Proposal #2). To remove the treasurer and co-treasurer from their positions for refusal to fulfill directed task. This was sent back to groups.

Proposal #3). To remove the facilitator for failure to follow consensus based process and to accept Robert's rules of order to pass a motion directing the treasurer and co-treasurer to issue a check in direct violation of current policy. Reference Page 6 #1 facilitator and Consensus page 12 section C 5.1

Proposal was sent back to groups.

TOPIC 2 – Midwest Zonal Forum:

Proposal #4). To reinstate financial obligation to the MZf at \$150.00 per calendar year.

Proposal was blocked. (2)

TOPIC 3 – Updating the Guidelines:

There was confusion with the guidelines of sending delegates to the MZF. Guidelines states the delegate team attends the MZF, USSCNA and the like when directed. The team only attends when asked to. There was also confusion as to consensus based decision making. An Ad-hoc was formed to address the issue of Consensus decision making.

TOPIC 4 – PR budget:

This was handled during Budgets.

TOPIC 5 – Regional Phone line:

Issue was taken care of in previous business.

TOPIC 6 - MZSS (Multi-Zonal Service Symposium):

The region was asked if they would be willing to donate \$100 for the 2016 conference. There was discussion on supporting the conference both in spirit and financially. Region was asked to donate to the last conference and chose to support them only in spirit. An area within our region sent some to the conference; they found it to be very informative with lots of benefits.

Topic 7- Additional request for July Cycle:

Proposal #5). To increase the July WRSC host funds from \$400.00 to \$550.00 for cost of regionals. Consensus was not reached and proposal failed.

Topic 8- Region via technology:

Proposal #6). Region investigate the feasibility of conducting business over the internet instead of the current method.

Consensus not reached and proposal failed.

Topic 9- Activities reimbursement:

Proposal #7). To reimburse Rodney \$54.00 travel expenses already incurred by activities.

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

Topic 10- More attention on subcommittees:

Proposal #8). Provide an open line of communication and participation with groups and area sub-committees with region sub-committees by way of regularly scheduled meetings through conference calls/technology.

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

Topic 11-Phone line minutes:

More information will be provided next cycle.

Topic 12-Bilingual meeting lists:

Is there a need for bilingual meeting lists? Translations of list would be difficult. It could be for those who only read Spanish but speak English. Look for needs within the areas. PR and Outreach will look into the situation to see if a need is there.

Topic 13- Taking people out of the pools:

Proposal #9) After 2 years or elected to a board a person will be taken out of the pool.

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

Proposal #10). All resume's information is kept in confidence.

Intent: House keeping

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

Topic 14- Adding a contact for the MZF and USSCNA:

Proposal #11). To add contact info for the MZF and USSCNA members to contact sheet.

Intent: Allow contact info on the MZF and USSCNA to be available to RCMS.

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

Topic 15-Starting Region meeting at an earlier time:

Topic was removed from the board.

Topic 16- Misappropriations of NA funds at ASC's and Region:

Only one donation was received this cycle. There are nameless donations that go into the account. As a region we are financially accountable. We are transparent as well; the records can be seen by anyone. If areas are mailing their donation checks to the WRSO, the region is not receiving them. There will be a financial audit in the May Cycle. The WRSO rep was asked to obtain a breakdown of deposits from the office.

Proposal #12). Request that all areas donate to the region directly and not through the office. And direct WRSO to forward all WRSC donations received to the WRSC treasurer(s).

Intent: To clear up the treasury.

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

Topic 17- Learning tutorial for the phone line:

Will be next cycles round table discussion.

Topic 18- Spiritual Inventory:

Topic was removed from the board.

Topic 19- Sending the RD Team to the MZF:

Are we sending the team to the MZF in August? Discussion was had regarding sending them. A suggestion was made to send people who are already going in order to avoid spending money. Is there another non-monetary option? What would the financial impact be? There was no information yet.

Proposal 13). To table discussion until the July Cycle after we find out who is the new RD team and the financial impact.

Consensus was reached and proposal passed.

OTHER BUSINESS:

None

BUDGETS:

Name:	Yearly Budget:	Working Reserve:
Administration	\$2,740.00	\$457.00
Conference Participation	\$8,100.00	\$1,350.00
Activities	\$2,100.00	\$350.00
H & I	\$780.00	\$130.00
Literature	\$720.00	\$120.00
Outreach	\$150.00	\$25.00
Policy	\$360.00	\$60.00

Proposal: To table the PR budget until we receive more information in writing with the current budget, last year's budget and actual expenses. To have the final decision by the July 2015 cycle.

Consensus was reached.

Proposal to close: passed

NEXT WRSC IS TO HOSTED BY

2015 in Red

2016 in Green

January: WSNAC Hosting Site (2015)
Chula Vista Resort
2501 River Rd.
Wisconsin Dells, WI
855-800-3192

March: a. Washington-Ozaukee
b. Inland Lakes
c. Woods & Waters
d. North Central (2014)
e. Rivers Edger (2015)

May: a. Chippewa Valley (2015)
b. Big Rivers
c. North East
d. Upper Peninsula (2014)

July: a. Badger land (2015)
b. Basic
c. Scenic Bluffs
d. Rock River (2014)

September: See above for hotel information
WSNAC Hosting Site (2015)

November: a. Milwaukee (2014)
b. South East Family (2015)

c. Kettle Moraine

d. Inner City

Next Regional Meeting will be at:

Best Western Trail Lodge
3340 Mondovi Rd.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715-838-9989

\$70.00/night

* Ask for WRSC rate

* Rooms should be booked by May 1st, 2015 to guarantee availability

*See flyer attached to this e-mail for more information.